How to Play Baccarat Online
The Best Ways to Play Baccarat Online
Baccarat (“Baccarat” pronounced “BAHK-ah-RAHT”) and Mini-Baccarat are among the simplest casino table games to learn to play. Many players are actually intimidated by the game as it is often associated with the High Roller players whether at the casino or online.
It is James Bond’s favorite game, after all. But in reality, it is as simple a game as there is on the online casino. Much like roulette, there is nothing the players need to do outside of their wagering. From there, the dealers take over.
There is still some strategy, and we explain it all here.
The Basic Rules of Online Baccarat
- Six decks are used in a card shoe to allow for the most efficient dealing.
- Suits of the cards are irrelevant here and determine nothing in the game.
- Face cards and 10’s count as zero points, and aces always count as one.
- When two cards are dealt, and the total of the cards equals more than nine, remove the first number of the total. For example, if the Player’s hand is a 9 and a 5, the total is 14, which means your Baccarat hand is worth 4.
- To even out the odds, casinos will charge up to five percent commission when a bet is placed on the Banker, and that hand wins. No commission is ever charged on bets placed on the Player’s hand. This is important to your strategy.
- If there is a tie, and no one bet on tie, the hand is considered a “push” and all wagers are returned.
To place your wager, choose to place your chips either in the “Player” section, the “Banker” section (Dealer), or the Tie section. Again, Baccarat is akin to roulette in that the only action a bettor takes is with wagering.
- The game is started by dealing two cards for the player hand and two cards for the bank hand. An initial hand with a value of 8 or 9 is called a “natural.”
- If either hand is a natural, its holder must expose it, and the game ends. Otherwise play continues, first with the player hand and then with the banker hand.
- If the player’s first two cards total six or more, then the player must stand without drawing a card. If the player’s first two cards total five or less, the player must draw one additional card.
- If the banker’s first two cards total seven or more, then the banker must stand without drawing a card. If the banker’s first two cards total zero, one, or two, then the banker must draw one card.
- If the banker’s first two cards total between three and six, then whether the banker draws is determined by the whether the player drew, and if so, the value of the player’s draw card.
- The winning hand is the hand with a total of 9 or is closest to 9 as possible.
- Player win equals to all Player bets receiving 1:1 odds.
- Banker win equals to all Banker bets receiving 1:1 odds minus 5% house commission.
Ties pay out at 8:1 odds.
Basic Online Baccarat Strategy
Obviously, this is a simple game, and the strategies to successfully playing baccarat should be simple too. And they are as the best advice you can get with Baccarat is to always bet with the Banker.
Many players avoid the Banker, as a win comes with a commission, robbing you of 5% of your money. However, due to the house edge, the house is basically telling you where to wager with that commission.
Why would they tax you if it didn’t have the best house edge? Bet with the Banker when you play Baccarat.